What to Pack for a Cruise to Nowhere in Singapore


Hello, it's been a while since I last updated this space. I've recently just came back from a cruise to nowhere on the Genting World Dream. Tons of reviews have been done for this so I just thought that I'll add in my 2 cents worth. I find that it's the sweet luxurious escape that is perfect for someone whose husband can't travel much for work. 

So let's start with the basics, what to pack for a cruise to nowhere in Singapore? This guide would be perfect too for a cruise to somewhere. 

Cruises to nowhere/somewhere usually last about 2 nights or 3 nights, depending on the cruise ship you are on. I've only been to the Genting World Dream recently so I can't share much on the Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas.  

Here are a list of things that I have brought to a cruise (2 nights)

  1. Clothes 
    I brought 1 dress, 1 shirt, 1 sleeveless top and a pair of long pants. I did wear the same outfit on departure day. Oh and don't forget to bring some luxurious pyjamas because the beds are comfy and you want to feel like a superstar waking up to the "expensive" view of the horizon where the sea touches the sky.

  2. Poopourri Spray 
    Highly essential - even though you can open up your balcony door and let the sea breeze in, this spray will save you so much trouble. (and saved my eyes from tearing!)

  3. Slippers/Sandals 
    They will get wet after booking a timing for the pool. And make sure that they are comfortable. I was so thankful for my $10 sandals which I used to walk everywhere.  

  4. Jacket 
    It does get very cold in the ship, especially when you are at the casino. I thought that the temperature in the Lido theatre was very comfortable.  

  5. Foldable Bag and a small purse
    Bring a foldable bag (if you buy a bucket of beer, they give you all 5 at once for you to bring around the ship. But you can do an exchange for a cold one at a nearby bar, wherever you are.) I brought a foldable bag just so that we can throw in our phones which we need to bring everywhere because of the TraceTogether app. We had to go down to our rooms again because we didn't want to bring our phones to the pool, but they insisted that we do.  

  6. Swimsuit (and cover up)
    :)
      
  7. Cap and sunglasses
    It's super sunny out in the middle of the ocean. I was so thankful for my cap as the white on the top deck reflected the sunlight and it was hard to keep my eyes open as it was very piercing to the eyes.  


  8. Book / iPad
    For when you do not have the chance to join in the activities. Which will be quite often, as a lot of people tend to camp at the theatre and book every hour. Every hour there are new vacancies for the shows but we couldn't make it in time for the Christmas, Holly Jolly show as there was only 2 showtimes in the day and we had booked the pool slot during the show time. They don't really show the next day's timetable until late that night.    

  9. Passport
    Yes, you do need a passport to board the ship as you are leaving Singapore. This means that your baggage will get scanned. 

  10. Cash 
    For those who are going to the casino on Genting World Dream, you'll need to bring cash to play. Everything else can be charged to your room and then paid in cash or in the comfort of your own room via credit card. Do participate in Bingo! It's super fun and I got so close to a consolation prize.


  11. Charger 
    There are ports for you to charge your phone and other electronics.

Additional Tips (DO Read this section!) 

Tip #1 - Go extra early on boarding day because they need to do a test and also you are more able to watch shows. They divide different boarding groups to make onboarding easier, so we got into the first boarding group and the boarding only started at 2pm. We got there around 11am and breezed past the waiting for the ART test, then the wait for the test results. After that, we needed to wait until 1pm before they started calling out for the groups. Check-in took a very quick time, however because my husband is a foreigner, we need to check in manually. 




Tip #2 - Read the timetable carefully and plan how you want to spend the day when you are finally onboard. What we did was that after we checked into the room, we opened our Dream Cruise app and started booking the shows while going down to the lobby to get a Genting Rewards card for my husband. After that we quickly went up to the pool deck to book the pool/jacuzzi slots, we didn't get a chance to book the obstacle course though as we were keen to get our drinks package on.   

Tip #3 - Try Umi Uma's teppanyaki. The garlic rice is really to die for. The tenderness of the beef and chicken that I ordered was mind numbingly good, I'm just salivating thinking of it again. 


Tip #4 - Get up early to watch the sunrise. The timetable that comes out for the next day in the evening will tell you when the sun rises. It's perfect for selfies and it's a chance for perfect bliss without any buildings in the way. 



Well, have an amazing day! Will update if I think of anything else. xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing for Australia in Autumn - COVID edition

So it's been a while since I last updated this blog.  It has been a whirlwind of events and different changes. Time really flies by when...