Gift Wrapping

 Hello again!


So I've started on this journey of being slightly more eco friendlier, what with the heartbreaking news and extremely graphic TV shows, it's like I want to do my part for society. So my mum's birthday is coming up, my sister and I went shopping today for her present. 


We found this mini water dispenser (S$29.90) from Typo which we thought would be a really lovely gift for her as she would not have to move around too much just for a cup of water. That being said, it is important to hydrate. Hydration is so important to me, I usually drink about 2 litres of water a day and I find that it really helps with my complexion and sometimes prevents headaches which come by every so often. So don't forget to take a sip of water every now and then!


Anyway back to topic, we were looking for something to wrap her gift with. Mind, it's quite a big box to wrap. Can you imagine all the wrapping paper we would be wasting? So luckily, I still have some muslin cloths lying around as I was trying my hand also at diaper cakes. So we brought the dispenser home and I started on the wrapping. 


So it's super easy and I have been watching YouTube videos on how to do it. 


Step 1: Take out the materials that you require. In this case, the muslin cloth and the gift. 



Step 2: Lay the cloth flat.



Step 3: Place said gift in the middle of the cloth.



Step 4: Take bottom left corner of cloth and fold it over the gift box. 
Step 5: Tuck the corner under the gift.



Step 6: Take the top right corner of the cloth and fold it over the box. 



Step 7: Fold over the box until it looks like diagram above. 



Step 8: Grab the corners which are still on the floor and place them above the box as shown above.



Step 9: Knot the two corners together.




Step 10: Find something pretty to cover the knot if you are a messy knot-tyer. LOL/


VOILA! 


Hope you enjoyed this short tutorial on gift wrapping! Will do more research on this and share more in future posts! XX 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing for Australia in Autumn - COVID edition

So it's been a while since I last updated this blog.  It has been a whirlwind of events and different changes. Time really flies by when...